Grazing the Corners

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hey Vik!!
Its me, leah, I'm home and so happy to be here in the green green and the honey water.... The family went to see some independent films last night, one was about three generations of women living stranded for twenty years on the shifting sand dunes of brazil, and the other was the story of a young man's struggle with AIDs and its stigma in India as told by his family and friends (super cheesy Indian film, but super powerful story). The love of the family for their son and brother made us all miss you a lot. We love you so much vik!!!!!!
I am sitting here mostly unemployed, picking songs to learn for the fiddle contest. Sarah is babysitting, she is the tannest little thing I ever did see from life guarding! Dad is at Ecopelagicon doing whatever it is that he does there (drinking coffe and borrowing demo CDs!). and mom just called from south station in boston where she is listening to a street quartet and waiting for a train to PA. She's going to stay with g-mom for a few weeks, did you know that she broke her collar bone (grandmom that is)?
I am drifting in and out of the passing bits of my reality, the river of love sprung up by children in so many places, the shifting beaches of the past build by sand spilling from the walls and alleyways of this town, the stacks of written and blank pages that lay in wait for me one more time at school.
I love you so much and wonder about your life all the time, I can't wait until you start your project, it will be so wonderful to hear how it unfolds. Knowing who you are is so reassuring because I have no doubt that the friendships that you are building there are rich and wonderful.

With eyes held carefully open my brother places one foot in front of the other leaving the notes of his heels and toes to be read by the ocean's orchestra. I close my eyes and pretend to hear, and the music is all there.
love and love
leah

1 Comments:

  • Leah, Leah,
    Its Lon, So good to hear from you on this blog. sounds like your life is leah-like. Everything YOU want it to be and that is what I love about you. Hope to see you soon.
    In Spirit
    Lon

    By Blogger Vik, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home