Grazing the Corners

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hey Vik and everyone I have been at Camp Sunshine for 31/2 hrs. and the families have not yet arrived but any minute now. I have taken a moment to unpack my stuff and walk around the "campus" on Sabago Lake. I am already in awe of the work these people do, the simple beauty and the love that's all around. My work starts at about 4pm serving food and all that jazz, in the meantime I'm sooo hungry I could spit but there is nothing to eat until it's served! How much gum can I chew and swallow until dinner is served? Already questioning my "empathetic" reasons for being here, what do I know about pain? Nothing. I wonder if I will come to a totally selfless spot. I can tell the difference already between the way I have been living my life and other less selfish ways. There are a lot of young people here as volunteers, college kids I think, my roommate has the aura of a Kelly Brooks. So as the time moves on I will learn what I will learn. I think of Leah and you and the selflessness and community you must share doing the work you do and being among all of those other people. I admire you both so much. Love to you both. Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home