Grazing the Corners

Monday, June 12, 2006

Vik
Tonight, while attempting my 8th wheel, I wondered what do the beaches in Samoa look like? Then I came home and read your amazing description! Maybe yoga does really take you to a higher place :) Everyday I think about what you are doing and I am in awe. When we are old and can't find our teeth you will be able to entertain us with your adventures (in between lengthy discussions about or bowel movements, of course).

Today my sixth graders finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and to celebrate I dressed up like Willy Wonka and taught them how to make candy. It made for an interesting afternoon. We then made up our own Oompa Loompa Song "what do you get when your students are bootleg (which means bad)" I am not sure how the Samoan youth will react to seeing you dressed up like a scary candy maker, but I am sure I can help you think of something to win over their trust. That is the secret to teaching, that and happy hour of course.

Miss and Love you!
Cuz Claire

2 Comments:

  • Vik,
    We got some blog action going here! Yeah. The description of the beach sounds incredible. Can you get in the water? Do you like the coconut milk? I will try the phone thing tomorrow night. Leah leaves for Colombia on Thurs. Have you played your harmonica yet? Do the children have books they read? Love you, mom

    By Blogger Vik, at 7:02 PM  

  • Chuck,
    My dad will be up this week we may hit a pub thurs or fri night if you are interested (I can introduce you to your new uncle)

    By Blogger Vik, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home