Grazing the Corners

Friday, July 14, 2006

Grazing the Corners

Well thanks to Claire I can now write on the main page and tell you guys whats up in the 617. First of all the weather is almost as bad as what Lon was describing only we may be 5-10 degrees cooler which really makes no diference when all you can see is asphault and concrete. No major injuries to report but people keep asking me if I've found a new best friend yet and if its different with Vik not around. The best line of come up with so far is this, "I lived in the same room as Vik for 5 years and that doesnt count the time back home. So basically I'm trying to figure out how to live with out a hand. Sure you can get a hook but its still not quite the same." I thought that was pretty good after 17 budweisers. Anyway, as for the song, Claire said she has a kid that sings the Jay Z (I think it was Jay Z anyway) song, "dust that dirt off your shoulder..." or something like that. Just tell them its the urban version of the wheels on the bus, you could even try hand motions.
Other than that people in Boston are leaving by the day. Red, Steve, Leann, Git and all those guys are more or less out of here; we had a blow out weekend last weekend. I'll spare Shirley the details but it was quite a blow out. We were at the North End for probably 11 hours so you can pretty much figure what it would be like with those fools for that long with all those bars in between.
Work is pretty crazy. I have 4 main jobs I am working on that will probably not end for the next 3 years or something. One is for the MWRA evaluating the facilities between the Quabbin Reservoir and proposing upgrades, one capital improvements plan (CIP) for Salem MA, that involves telling the town how to not lose as much money on there drinking water system; one for the upgrade of a Wastewater Treatment Plant trying to get Government grants to pay for it and basically stop the plant from pumping wastewater into the rivers; and then making a water distribution system models for various towns; all this translates into I'm in way over my head and just trying to figure out which way is up. other than that work is going good!

Anyway this is probably rediculously long so that will be my blog for the next month or so... Glad to see everyone is well and see you all when I see ya.

-Chuck

2 Comments:

  • Chuck,
    I am so proud of you, your first blog! The song is Catch me Ridin Dirty, and it has even better dance moves.
    Caio

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

  • Chuck,
    Great to hear your "voice" (blog). I'm sure Viktor is feeling your absence as well, time heals !!! You sound incredibley busy, I hope you are leaving some time for yourself!! Ryan A's wedding is coming right up and I was going with the girls but grandmom fell out of her easy chair chair and broke her collarbone and I am headed there for 2 weeks to help out. So Leah and Sarah are looking for transportation to Mt. Holyoke etc. If they make it there would you keep your big brother eye on them? You know how it's done!! love, shirley

    By Blogger Vik, at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home