Grazing the Corners

Saturday, July 01, 2006

HEY VIK!!!
Can´t wait until you have a sec to write some more, but sure you´re experiences are beyond words anyway!!
I am thinking of you a lot, can´t even imagine what you are seeing and feeling and smelling and hearing!
I am doing really well, today we hiked up into a mountain village where a lot of the kids we´re working with live. It is a shanty town built on a nearly vertical mountain face by people displaced by violence outside of the city. I have never seen such poverty. It is a hard thing to hold, little makeshift shacks leaning on eachother, tin rooves held down with broken bricks, little kids everywhere, carrying eachother around, kicking trash, making the best out of it as kids are so great at doing. I was filled with a million little beginnings of ideas to help, but know that its not that easy. I envy the time that you get to spend in Samoa so that you can actually try to sit on a few attempts to support those who are so resilliant to want and need.
I fly to peru on friday for a short week. I have been so privelaged to be here. I am glad that you are seeing too.
This world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love and love and love you!
Leah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home