Grazing the Corners

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Grazing the Corners
Hey brother,
Got your pix!! they were awesome. There has only been two times in my life when I have looked at another person and thought they looked like me (or I looked like them). One was on the back cover of a magazine for Adidas Taekwondo (kinda freaked me out a little) and the other was the pic of you and the kids in what looked to be a truck. I was like "I've never been to Samoa, and I have never seen those kids." "What a minute...thats Vik." holy cow! Kind freaked me out...Damn your handsome. haha.
I had an exciting weekend. Friday I did personal security for Rip Hamilton of the Detroit Pistons. He is from Coatesville and does this huge charity event at Ash Park and I was supposed to be watching Chauncey Billups all day (as security, as funny as that sounds, a 5'10" 190lbs white kid from D-town security for a 6'7" NBA player) but he didnt show up so I spent the day at Rips side. Really nice guy does a lot for the community. He also got my number so when he comes to play the Sixers he gonna "toss me tix." I told him I must cheer for the hometeam cause I dont stray from my roots. He said when he plays the Sixers he's not sure who he wants to win cause he grew up a huge Philly fan. Kind cool. N e way. Hope all is well with everyone reading this. Power to the peaceful. LOVE!
Lonnie

1 Comments:

  • I just came across your journal about your adventures in Samoa. I added a link to your page to a database I collected of Peace Corps Journals and blogs:

    Worldwide PC Blog Directory:
    http://www.PeaceCorpsJournals.com/

    Features:
    1. Contains over 1,400 journals and blogs from Peace Corps Volunteers serving around the world.
    2. Each country has its own detailed page, which is easily accessible with a possible slow Internet connection within the field.
    3. The map for every country becomes interactive, via Google, once clicked on.
    4. Contact information for every Peace Corps staff member worldwide.
    5. Official rules and regulations for current PCV online Journals and blogs. Those rules were acquired from Peace Corps Headquarters using the Freedom of Information Act.
    6. Links to Graduate School Programs affiliated with Peace Corps, along with RPCVs Regional Associations.

    There is also an e-mail link on every page. If you want to add a journal, spotted a dead link, or have a comment.

    Thanks for volunteering with the Peace Corps!

    -Mike Sheppard
    RPCV / The Gambia

    By Blogger Mike, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home