Grazing the Corners

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Reading Comprehension is NEEDED!!

This is the Primary Schools current library situation, very dismal. I've asked my mom for some books and am currently putting a proposal together for a NZAID small grant for books and a nice mat for the floor. Im working with the principal to start up a reading program using the parent volunteers. Supplies are whats needed most. If you can send some books, or are interested in helping in any other ways please let me know. I've also writen a letter with more information regarding the school and program. Thanks.





1 Comments:

  • can't seem to get my post to work, so I'll try the comment option, such a plethora of heriarchical communication options!
    Hey vik,
    Glad your butt is better. Thanks for the pics of the school, that helps to build the imaginings in my mind. If we got you some art supplies, would that be cool? Could the kids do murals or something? To make the school more wondermaking... more theirs?? I am just trying to stay awake for a final meeting before I crash early, I spent the weekend moving maura into a new apartment in NYC then sitting with her in the emergency room all the live long day as she waited to find out if she had appendicitis, her mom finally flew in from south carolina and I still haven't heared if she had to have surgery. But I am pooped. Things are starting to melt, sure that probably dosen't sound too exciting to mr tropicallavalava, but of course you remember the overflowing of spring after a long unforgiving cold. Today I stuck my hand in a hole in the ground that was spouting water, the snow just sunk away and the ground was shooting out water, uphill... nothing can stop the wonder that is the green to come. I am really glad about it. I miss you... me and Maura were talking about it, 'cause her big sister is in south america- there are just these moments when you wanna call your (sis or brother) and you can't, and there's just nobody else that would know what to say to you in that moment, so you just shoot a thought to the sky, or save it for a letter. I am so glad that you're safe and happy and sharing. It is better to miss you when I know that's where you are.
    I love you
    leah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home