Grazing the Corners

Tuesday, July 17, 2007


Cultural Experience Series :
What I Ate for Lunch
Food is a large part of Samoan culture, as it can be considered a subsistence living type of society. This has resulted in some interesting and creative ways of using natural resources. I have offered my Sunday "To'ana'i" (lunch) as an example. How about a little game!!!
Pictured above is:
A) Pork, coconut cream in multiple kinds of leaves, and breadfruit.
B) Pua'a, Palusami, and Ulu umu.
C) Fruit bat meat, green fish, and a slice of moldy bread.
Please respond with your answers!!

7 Comments:

  • Fun!
    I choose both A & B.
    I can't wait to try it out for myself! See you in September!
    Patti

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 AM  

  • B, ae fa'afefea. That stuff looks so manaia. Its been a while since I've had something fresh from the umu!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 PM  

  • I'm gonna go with B! Yummy!

    Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

  • Vik -

    Walked with your mom yesterday - Enjoying your blog today. I vote for A.

    Lucy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 PM  

  • D) none of the above...
    I think it's "wishy-like-a-farmer"-fruit, seaweed and tapioca soup, chard fungus and sticks!
    Lunch d'jour
    mmmmmmm
    -Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

  • Hi Vik,
    I choose B because it rolls off my tongue when I say it, and it sounds like it tastes good. I hope you're having the time of your life. We all miss you and talk about you here, because we're not there or anywhere like it. We're here, in Rangeley, so you 'll have to tell us all about it when you get home.
    Love,
    Barb Jennings

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM  

  • vik, Priscilla thinks that "A" is the answer! We are at a teacher workshop and we have had ENOUGH!!!!!!
    Love you,Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home