Grazing the Corners

Friday, November 02, 2007

SnapShot: What i've been up to lately.


Farming with the Onosa'i Society has been an all consuming task as of late. We are preparing for a big subsidy from the UN and are busy getting things together. Planting is the tedious part but it pays off when the harvest comes. Here are some photos of recent harvests.
Bok choy - Chinese Cabbage

Long Beans - some arms length!

White Sunday, the most anticipated religious Holiday of the year, occurs on the first Sunday of October. Its a celebration of the children. They put on plays and dances at church in the morning and then are served first at brunch (to'ana'i).

Some of my buddies before church (Congregational Christian)
Most of my mayors grand kids awaiting their meal.

My afternoons are spent with a few dedicated village kids. We play on the computer, do homework (sometimes), and hang out (most of the time).
Koso made a paper crane, which he later shot down with a rubber band gun. Sorry Mom.

I hope your all having as much fun as i am!!! Enjoy.

3 Comments:

  • Vik,
    What amazing beans! Are they called "long beans" or is that your vivid descriptive language?
    The bok-choy looks so green and crisp. At this point in time dad and I finally got the garlic into our garden for next year and got the onions out but most of the potatoes and red beets are still waiting to come inside. It's chilling up here and gardening doesn't sound like the activity of choice! I'll bet you will always have a garden when you get back to the states. It's one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, in so many ways. Great blog, well worth the wait. We love you. mom and dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

  • vik! bok choy must be purring right now for all of the petting and harvesting you are sending his way! I can't tell you how much I miss you, your life is beyond my imagination, I wish I could come and visit, unfortunately I am poorpoorpoor, but mom and dad are going to see you- so great! I am full of the here and now and also thinking foward, all of those options are exciting and a little bit tiring and very full of growth. I am a teacher's aide at a school for autistic kids, living with Ben and three other boys. Today I sang the alphabet and tickeled with one of my kids for a half hour, he made up the game, he didn't get less tickelish for the whole time. And I lead a group activity called scribble freeze where I played my fiddle and they scribbeled and then I stopped and they stopped- so simple but got a lot of laughs, some confused stares, some drawing on the table, one kid fell out of her chair... I am learning the journey of meeting them there and trying to old hands with birds
    I love you so much much much
    so glad you are living your life, it looks great!
    leah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • I would like to tell the world that today is your birthday!! Happy Birthday Samoan, Vik!
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home